We’ve had the great pleasure of working with the Charlotte and Raleigh FBI Cyber Squad units as a part of our quarterly Security User Groups in the Charlotte and Triangle areas respectively. Whether you’ve had the opportunity to attend one of the user groups where the FBI has been our guest panelist or not, here’s a recap of what cybersecurity trends they’re seeing and other recommendations they have.
Cybersecurity Trends & Recommendations from the FBI Cyber Squad
Common Adversary Groups Seen
- Third party personal email targeting
- Foreign hosting providers are creating more opportunities for hackers
Proactive Actions to Take
- Conduct cybersecurity training and table top exercises
- Ensure logging is in place
- Get to know your legal counsel before an event takes place
- Have a dedicated security person as a point of contact (POC)
- Join your local Infragard chapter
What Should Victims of Ransomware Do?
- File a report through Internet Crimes Complaint Center (IC3)
- Contact local FBI field office
- Check NoMoreRansomeware site
Download the infographic version to share with peers or on social media. (Click to download as PDF.)